Sunday, November 4, 2007

FELIX DA HOUSECAT // The Estate, Boston // October 31, 2007

Wednesday night was amazing. I got to photograph and hang out with another one of my longtime heroes, Felix da Housecat. If you lived with me during college, you might remember that I constantly played his remix of Nina Simone's "sinnerman" (listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9zkeHalWfs ) along with the rest of his albums.

The show got off to a rough start because of some sound problems, but once Felix began, it was awesome. His set was short but fabulous. After the show, we went back to his hotel room at the Ritz with his management team and girlfriend. We drank champagne and ordered room service, which was pretty sweet. It was a phenomenal night, although it resulted in my going to work the next day on 1.5 hours of sleep, as I got back to my apartment around 5am... details, details. Here are some pics, the rest are up at www.davidalavida.com and the slideshow is up on my myspace/facebook profiles, or can be seen here:

http://www.jumpcut.com/fullscreen?id=0A8CC9368A7E11DCB7AB000423CF037A&type=movie











2 comments:

showtrotta said...

Hey, thanks for your comment. Love the photos you took of Felix and also the ones of Erol Alkan/Justice at Studio B.

Tully said...

Holy smokes! These are pretty sweet!